Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week there is a new topic, and you compile ten books that fit the theme. You can find more information here.
It’s funny, but before I started book blogging and reviewing I’d never have conceived of having a TBR, at least not one for a specific month or season, but I’ve found I need to keep myself on track and it’s quite helpful this way. Also, it does get me excited for my upcoming reads – not that I need much help with that! Yesterday, I posted an update that includes my upcoming NetGalley reads, so I won’t add those to this list again, but you can see what they are over here. So here are ten books from my physical TBR for this summer, in alphabetical if not reading order:
- The Coward by Stephen Aryan – this will be my first Stephen Aryan book and I can’t wait to get into it. It also came with an amazing signed map!
- Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard – again, I haven’t read Aveyard’s previous work but this cover, the premise, and the gorgeous map on the inside cover of this book made it an immediate buy and I’m really curious to see if it lives up to its aesthetic.
- The Councillor by E.J. Beaton – a couple months ago it felt like everyone was talking about this book, so I scoured the internet to find one in the UK, as I don’t believe it has a deal here yet. I can’t neglect it on the shelf too long after doing that!
- Bloodsworn by Tej Turner – I won this in a give-away and know from interacting with Tej on Twitter that he is lovely, and this first book in his new series sounds so cool, so I really look forward to it.
- City of Lies by Sam Hawke – this is The Broken Binding‘s book of the month and it sounds so so cool! I do love their book of the month feature, and it’ll probably get me to spend money unnecessarily way too often.
- The Iron Crown by L.L. MacRae – Lauren and I are mutuals on Twitter and when I saw she had a new book coming out I had to pre-order, especially when it’s got dragons in it! My copy arrived yesterday and I cannot wait to dive in!
- Show Us Who You Are by Elle McNicoll – I loved A Kind of Spark by the author so when the publisher was offering copies to booksellers I was really keen to get one. This book looks very different to her first, it sounds very cool.
- The Truants by Kate Weinberg – this was a Waterstones book of the month a year ago, and I bought it to get myself back into work, and then the moment passed me by. I must read it!
- Project Hail Mary by Andy Weird – I would never have picked this up if I hadn’t seen Beth at Divine World of Books talk about it so highly, so I decided to read a sample. I loved it and can’t wait to continue.
- The Heartbeat of Trees by Peter Wohlleben – had to have a non-fiction in there somewhere, and after The Secret Life of Trees this sounds so fascinating.
1 thought on “Top Ten Tuesday: Ariana’s Summer TBR”
Project Hail Mary was so much fun!
LikeLiked by 1 person